This is the first sermon in our new series from 1 Corinthians – Christians Gone Wild!
To listen to the sermon, CLICK HERE.
To subscribe to the sermon in iTunes, CLICK HERE.
Have you ever thought you had a good picture of your current situation, only to later realize you were blind to what was truly going on in that moment? For many of us, we are living like that right now in our estimation of who God is and where we stand with Him. This text will help us to understand how Jesus is our Healer. He is the only one who can heal our blindness.
Our latest sermon series is based on our Core Values. Each week we will be covering one of our church’s five core values. This week we are learning the importance of living by God’s Word. All of us want to live lives of purpose, lives that bring us joy and satisfaction. This week we are looking to God’s Word to reveal to us how we can make that a possibility. Here’s a short outline with a link to the sermon below, or if you have iTunes, you can go to our page there and subscribe to our podcast.
THE CORE: Living by God’s Word
2 Timothy 3:14-17
I. God Reveals Himself to Us through His Word
II. God’s Word Is Sufficient
III. God’s Word Reveals Our Path to Salvation
1. The entire Bible is about God’s redemption through Jesus Christ.
2. It’s about Jesus, not you.
3. Jesus is not the means by which you get something; Jesus is what you get!
IV. God’s Word Is Our Key to Life
1. You are what you eat. (John 6:48-58)
2. You are shaped by what you hold to be ultimate. (1 John 2:3-6)
3. You walk in whatever you hold to be ultimate. (1 John 2:3-6)
4. Jesus is not all you need; Jesus is all you’ve got.
©2009. Welsh Baptist Church. All Rights Reserved. Site by Concept Culture.