Our latest sermon series is based on our Core Values. Each week we will be covering one of our church’s five core values. This week we are learning the importance of living by God’s Word. All of us want to live lives of purpose, lives that bring us joy and satisfaction. This week we are looking to God’s Word to reveal to us how we can make that a possibility. Here’s a short outline with a link to the sermon below, or if you have iTunes, you can go to our page there and subscribe to our podcast.
THE CORE: Living by God’s Word
2 Timothy 3:14-17
I. God Reveals Himself to Us through His Word
II. God’s Word Is Sufficient
III. God’s Word Reveals Our Path to Salvation
1. The entire Bible is about God’s redemption through Jesus Christ.
2. It’s about Jesus, not you.
3. Jesus is not the means by which you get something; Jesus is what you get!
IV. God’s Word Is Our Key to Life
1. You are what you eat. (John 6:48-58)
2. You are shaped by what you hold to be ultimate. (1 John 2:3-6)
3. You walk in whatever you hold to be ultimate. (1 John 2:3-6)
4. Jesus is not all you need; Jesus is all you’ve got.