Our latest series of sermons is based on the mission of Jesus. Our responsibility as Christians is to become more like Jesus every day. This means we are to learn and understand the mission of Jesus so that we can live on mission with him. This week’s sermon reveals that being on mission with Jesus means we have to be concerned for the city like He was. When we recognize Jesus’ concern for the city, it drives us to become like him in our living lives sacrificially for those within our own city. After you look at your city through eyes of Jesus, you’ll never see it the same again. Here’s a short outline with a link to the sermon below, or if you have iTunes, you can go to our page there and subscribe to our podcast.
I. Three Parts to a Healthy Heart
1. A concern for the glory of God.
2. A concern for the sanctification of the church.
3. A concern for the salvation of the lost.
II. Your Desire Drives Your Direction
1. Who is the greatest beneficiary of my time?
2. Who is the greatest beneficiary of my resources?
3. Whomever benefits the most from my actions, that is the one upon whom I’ve set my affections.
III. Your Direction, Not Your Intentions, Determines Your Destination
1. Jesus must become the object of our affection.
2. The gospel is the light that directs our path.
3. Our actions determine our impact for the kingdom.