Our newest sermon series is entitled HEROES. Throughout this series, we will revisit the stories we grew up learning in Sunday School and Vacation Bible School, but we will look at them with fresh eyes and for maybe the first time we will see and understand how they fit into the grand narrative of Scripture. We’re finally going to understand how these stories relate to us today and how they all point us to the One True Hero. This week, we are looking in Genesis 6:9-9:17 to revisit the spectacular story of Noah and the Ark. Here are some notes to help you follow along.
God’s Eternal Plan:
“And I will walk among you and will be your God, and you shall be my people.” Leviticus 26:12
God makes new beginnings to continue his good kingdom on earth.
1. The final outcome of human sin is God’s judgment and death.
A. The Flood
B. Israel in the Desert
C. Israel in Exile
D. Jesus on Calvary
2. God has made a covenant with his people. (Genesis 9:8-11)
A. Noah and the Flood
B. Israel in Moab
C. Israel in Exile (Isaiah 54:9-10)
D. Jesus on Calvary (1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
3. Through Jesus, God makes a completely new start with his people.
A. He gives us clean hearts.
B. He gives us hope of a new creation.
4. God remembers us, his remnant. (Genesis 8:1)
5. God is making for us a new beginning to continue his good kingdom on earth.