The Bible is clear that anyone who professes to be a Christian must live in a way that shows that they truly are committed followers of Jesus Christ. At the end of the book of Ephesians, Paul makes it very clear that God’s calling on our lives to be a Christian is also His call on our lives to enter into a war. This week’s sermon reveals why we are at war, with whom/what we are at war, and what we need to do in order to prepare for battle. Do not be mistaken, if you are a Christian, you are already at war, whether you realize it or not! Here’s a short outline with a link to the sermon below, or if you have iTunes, you can go to our page there and subscribe to our podcast.
Our Call to Christ is a Call to War!
I. Awaken to the war around you!
1. Our ongoing relationship with God is our strength.
2. The war is personal and corporate.
II. Christianity is a call to continually stand firm.
1. Our past accomplishments are not enough.
2. We begin with truth at our core.
3. Your character is at your defense.
4. The gospel must be our firm-footing!
5. Reliance on God is our greatest defense personally and corporately.
6. Our confidence is in our salvation.
7. Our weapon is our knowledge and understanding of the Word.
8. We must remain vigilant in prayer: a) Prayer for others; b) Not prayer for freedom; c) Prayer for boldness
III. Proclaiming the gospel is the purpose of the war.